5 March 2017
- Children younger than 15 – some as young as 5 – work from 6 am till even ing in West Africa at cocoa farms connected to Nestlé, Hershey, Mars, Kraft, ADM Cocoa, Godiva, and Fowler’s Chocolate to produce your favorite chocolates including Reese’s, Kit Kat, M&M’s, MilkyWay and Butterfinger.
In September 2015, three class action lawsuits brought in California accused Nestlé, Hershey, and Mars of turning a blind eye to human rights abuses by cocoa suppliers in West Africa while falsely portraying themselves as socially and ethically responsible. Nestlé, Cargill and ADM are currently facing a separate lawsuit brought by three Malian former child slaves in 2005 that accuses the companies of aiding and abetting child slavery in Côte d’Ivoire’s cocoa market.
The shocking 2000 documentary titled Slavery: A Global Investigation exposes the chocolate industry’s deep, dark connection to cocoa harvested by child slaves. The guardian of 19 children freed from slavery by the Ivorian authorities told the makers how they worked from dawn until dusk each day, locked in a shed at night where they were given a tin cup in which to urinate, stripped naked, tied up and routinely beaten...
8 April 2016
- A recent Amnesty International report sounded the alarm on a “blood mineral” mined by Congolese children as young as seven and used in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries found in laptops, smartphones and even electric cars.
The mineral is cobalt, and more than half of the world’s supply comes from the Democratic Republic of Congo, including at least 20 percent which is mined by so-called “artisanal miners” in the southern part of the country. The report, titled “This Is What We Die For,” explains the conditions these miners work in:
“These artisanal miners, referred to as ‘creuseurs’ in the DRC, mine by hand using the most basic tools to dig out rocks from tunnels deep underground. Artisanal miners include children as young as seven who scavenge for rocks containing cobalt in the discarded by-products of industrial mines, and who wash and sort the ore before it is sold.”
Earth Heal Blog
- Feedback After The Equinox Event Of 20 March 2017
- Join us for the Equinox group distant healing event on Monday, 20 March 2017!
- Feedback After The New Moon Annular Solar Eclipse event of 26 February 2017
- Join us for the Ring Of Fire distant healing event on Sunday, 26 February 2017!
- Feedback After The Solstice Event On 21 December 2016
- Group of Gorillas Approach Man in Ugandan Forest
- Alan Watts - Magic Happens When a Life is Full of Surprises
- Alan Watts - Atheist Spirituality
- S0 News Apr.25.2017 | M6.9 Quake, Space Magnetism, Weather
- Your Brain On Shrooms
- Autism Cover-Up Investigative Documentary 2016 on CDC and Vaccines
- George Carlin - Political Correctness is Fascism Pretending to be Manners..
- Crop Circles 2017 - Oliver's Castle, Wiltshire, UK - 24th April 2017
Headlines & Articles
- Plastic-eating Caterpillar Could Help Solve Pollution Crisis – Study
- The Occult Archetype Called Vaccination
- Carl Sagan’s Profound Essay On Why Cannabis Consciousness is Desperately Needed in This Mad and Dangerous World
- Psychedelics Create A Kind of Consciousness We Have Never Seen Before
- Karmic Tools Weekly Forecast: April 23 - 29, 2017
- The Rogue State That Is the United States of America
- Earth Day Crop Circle - Wiltshire, UK
- Good Medicine: Do As Much Nothing As Possible
- Twitter goes wild over reported death penalty for 'atheism' in Saudi Arabia
- Wikipedia boss Jimmy Wales is accused of hypocrisy over new website he says will tackle...
- 11yo has both legs amputated following savage beating at Islamic school in Malaysia
- Reality described by Dutch banking whistleblower
- General election forces Sturgeon to POSTPONE her bid to force a new independence referendum as...
Phoenix Is Risen
The Corbett Report
- Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, April 22, 2017
- Legal And Governmental Representatives Speak Out About Geoengineering
- Analysis – The Nation Is Immersed In Its Warmest Period In Recorded History
- Geoengineering, Square Clouds, And Massive Microwave Transmissions
- Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, April 15, 2017
- Trump has Major Trip to Saudi Arabia Planned, will Discuss Massive Weapons Deal for Saudis
- The ISIS Expansion in Afghanistan Is Pointed at Russia
- Afghanistan Mazar-e Sharif Attack: US-Backed Regime Suffers Another Setback
- The Atlantic Council -Syria “White Helmets” Needed
- Syria: Evidence-Based Analysis Versus Mainstream Propaganda Narratives
- This State Is Rushing to Use Up Its Expiring Lethal Injection Drugs
- World’s First GM Fish Factory Could Be In Canada
- Orange Essential Oil Found to Alleviate PTSD
- First of Its Kind Study Finds Cannabis May Be a “Miracle” Treatment for Autistic Kids
- African Country Ditches GE Cotton, Non-GMO Cotton Output Rises 20 Percent
- Sad News: USDA Dumps Plans to Test Foods for Glyphosate Herbicide
- Key Report: Hundreds of Native Bee Species Buzzing Toward Extinction
- This County Cut Sugary Drink Sales by 20% Without a Soda Tax
- EPA Official Accused of Helping Monsanto ‘Kill’ Glyphosate-Cancer Link
- Italian Farmers Turn to Cannabis to Fight Soil Contamination
Health Nut News
- What Happens if you Revamp your Work Posture for 10 Days?
- More Than 34,000 Studies Crush This Common Cancer Myth
- “Organic” Food From China Found To Be Highly Contaminated
- How ‘Settled Science’ Helped Create A Massive Public Health Crisis
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry: Is Solar Eroding the Electricity Supply?
Conscious Life News
- The Essence of Forgiveness from a Heart-Centered Perspective (New Kahn Video)
- Japan’s First (TEENY!) Tiny Home Is Extremely Mobile, Beautiful and Healing
- Plastic-Eating Caterpillar Could Help Solve The Globe Waste Crisis
- The Mystery of Antartica’s Blood Falls Finally Solved
- Morning Inspiration: Easy is Not an Option (Motivational Video)
Green Med Info
- N. sativa oil was found to be effective as an add-on therapy in patients of...
- Retractions & Errors Driving Loss of Faith in the Peer Review Process
- This study has demonstrated that indigenous black seed honey has comparable antibacterial activity to manuka...
- Nigella sativa may be a beneficial agent in protection against ionizing radiation-related tissue injury.
- These results confirm the antidiabetic activity of N. sativa seeds extract.
- Reuters Poll Reveals Americans Can No Longer Think For Themselves
- The NSA Once Spied On The American People With A Blimp
- West Virginia Ends State-Run Obamacare Exchange
- California Court Upholds Berkeley Cellphone Warning
- Trump Asks All 100 U.S. Senators To Attend Rare White House Briefing On North Korea