5 February 2017
- Radiation levels inside Fukushima Number 2 have reached astronomical levels — experts describe the 530 sieverts per hour as “unimaginable” — yet the political establishment and its corporate media mouthpiece insist on deeming those concerned about the catastrophe ‘conspiracy theorists.’
March 11, 2011, saw a massive undersea earthquake spawn an equally formidable tsunami, and — as the world watched in horror — the wall of water slammed into the Japanese coast, knocking Tokyo Electric Power Company-operated Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant offline.
Anyone who watched the cataclysmic situation unfold on live TV surmised the dire consequences of having situated a nuclear facility in one of the world’s most active fault zones — and on the Pacific coast — but the cost in radioactive impact of the disaster has yet to be fully assessed.
7 January 2017
- The Fukushima nuclear meltdown has had exponential repercussions on the world. When the disaster happened, the media was all over it. People were concerned and wanted action. But very quickly, the media’s eye turned to another matter, than another, than another. Now, very few people likely think about the Fukushima disaster and what mark it made on the world.
Regardless of the lack of mainstream media attention, the Fukushima nuclear disaster is still affecting the world today. Over nearly six years now the leak from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant caused by the tsunami and preceding Tōhoku earthquake on 11 March 2011.
1 September 2016
- The sudden deaths of a herd of reindeer in Norway’s Telemark region is another puzzling incident in a string of Arctic region die-offs that cannot be attributed to conventional causes such as an epidemic or mass poisoning. Due to their categorical exclusion of effects of radioactivity on the atmosphere as a probable cause, the scientific establishment and news media have resorted to pinning the blame on an lightning strike, despite the absence of a grass fire or cracks in the ground around an impact point, known as a Litchenberg figure.
For the defense, I argue here that the Norse deity of lightning and thunder, called Thor, is innocent of charges.
These noble creatures, associated with the benevolent figure of Santa Claus, are the victims of a gamma-ray surge primarily from radioactive isotopes from Fukushima, accelerated by cosmic rays. This is a second-generation tragedy caused by the nuclear power industry, since the herd’s predecessors had to be destroyed en masse due to fallout from Chernobyl.
22 June 2016
- According to a new report, the Japanese government worked in concert with TEPCO to purposely cover up the meltdown at Fukushima in 2011.
“I would say it was a coverup,” Tokyo Electric Power Company President Naomi Hirose announced during a press conference. “It’s extremely regrettable.”
Masataka Shimizu, president of TEPCO at the time of the earthquake, tsunami, and subsequent nuclear disaster, told employees not to go public with the term “meltdown” — allegedly in capitulation to pressure from the Prime Minister’s Office.
2 June 2016
- Strolling over the cliffs in Southern California, I looked down at a white-sand beach pimpled with a crimson rash along the high-tide line. Close up, the red dots turned out to be hundreds of thousands of thumb-sized crustaceans of the species Pleuroncodes planipes that resemble tiny lobsters. Most of those pelagic red crabs or langostilla, also known as tuna crabs, were sprawled dead on the sand, tangled in strands of kelp or alive but listless inside the rocky tide pools. The crustaceans appeared to be in fresh, without signs of injury or disease, and there was no stench of the fish market.
Seagulls had left the smaller limbs at the water’s edge but soon quit the all-you-can eat buffet, indicating their ability to detect a hidden toxin. The langostilla kill-off cannot be called an act of nature since my dosimeter detected radiation levels of between 0.12 microSieverts per hour and 0.18 micSv in their bodies. The official safety level for human health set by the pro-nuclear government of Japan is 0.11. Considering the difference in body weight and the water content in their flesh, these marine creatures were terminated by radioactive exposure.
22 January 2016
- Happy New Year! No, I’m not talking about 2016, I’m talking about Year 5. Fukushima, Year 5. It’s almost 5 years since the initial meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor, and although the disaster continues today it is not being treated by authorities with the kind of decisive urgency such an ecology-threatening situation demands.
It’s time for a change of course…
28 November 2015
- Russia’s state nuclear energy company Rosatom is ready to help Japan shut down the reactors at the Fukushima nuclear power plant. A huge earthquake and a resulting tsunami hit the plant in March 2011, causing three nuclear meltdowns and a massive radiation leak.
Japan has been struggling in its cleanup effort in the aftermath of the nuclear accident. As of March 2015, about 600,000 tons of contaminated water was contained within tanks at the site, with the cleanup estimated to take up to 40 years.
27 November 2015
- Japanese journalist Yoichi Shimatsu has claimed that Israel were responsible in the sabotage of the Fukushima nuclear power plant which, he says, suffered a nuclear meltdown in March 2011.
Yoichi says that Mossad were responsible in sabotaging the reactor in retaliation for Japan’s support for an independent Palestinian state.
According to Yoichi Shimatsu, a former editor of Japan Times Weekly, these nuclear materials were shipped to the plant in 2007 on the orders of Dick Cheney and George W. Bush, with the connivance of Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. The shipment was in the form of warhead cores secretly removed from the U.S. nuclear warheads facility BWXT Plantex near Amarillo, Texas. While acting as the middleman, Israel transported warheads from the port of Houston, and in the process kept the best ones while giving the Japanese older warhead cores that had to be further enriched at Fukushima.
12 September 2015
- Flooding caused by Typhoon Etau has sent hundreds of tons of radiation contaminated water from the Fukushima nuclear plant into the ocean after rain overwhelmed the site’s drainage pumps. At least 82 bags full of radioactive contaminated materials from the Fukushima plant were also washed away by the flood, officials say.
More than 100,000 people have been evacuated and thousands of properties destroyed, after rare torrential rains saw a major river burst its banks north of Tokyo in Japan on Thursday.
A further 800,000 people across eastern Japan have been advised to evacuate after officials issued pre-dawn warnings of unusually harsh rainfall to 5 million people.
- An ozone hole opened over the Arctic Circle in March 2011, and by the next year the polar ice sheet began to melt and break apart. Expanding faster than any projections for global-warming trends, these unanticipated shocks left climatologists in benumbed silence. Only a few experts have emerged from their cubby holes with timid explanations that are inadequate to the vast scale of these geophysical events.
The post-311 polar crisis consists of two separate, and possibly interrelated, events: the thinning and loss of the ozone layer over the Arctic Circle in 2011; and the sudden melt and break-up of the ice sheet in 2012.
30 April 2014
- Dr Rosalie Bertell has written extensively about the genocidal implications of nuclear power, and calls the development and use of nuclear energy “omnicide”. Radiation is going to kill everything but the most obscure life forms for millennia.
Today, the powers-that-be knowingly operate leaking nuclear plants that are 30 and 40 years old, though they were to be decommissioned after 25 years. It bears repeating Dr Bertell’s warning that “the nuclear plant itself becomes unusable with time and must eventually be dismantled and isolated as radioactive waste.”
- Fukushima Didn’t Just Suffer 3 Meltdowns … It Also Suffered Melt-THROUGHS and Melt-OUTS
- Japan Must Act Now To Seal Fukushima Reactors, Before It's Too Late
- New Site Dedicated to Fukushima Radiation Protection
- The Fukushima Threat – Denial, Disinformation and Denunciation
- The Effects of Nuclear Testing Since 1945 Shows Us What We Can Expect From Fukushima