Sunday, 12 February 2017
The veterans are gathering in Cannon Ball, North Dakota, with many on their way.
“We are prepared to put our bodies between Native elders and a privatized military force,” Air Force veteran Elizabeth Williams told the Guardian. “We’ve stood in the face of fire before. We feel a responsibility to use the skills we have.”
The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe has vowed to fight the president’s order to push ahead with the pipeline despite the US Army Corps of Engineers stating it would cancel its planned environmental impact study and grant a permit for construction of the final phase of the pipeline beneath Lake Oahe to go ahead.
The protest camps are being prepared for flooding that is expected to come as temperatures increase. The veterans’ presence will present a challenge to law enforcement wishing to remove water protectors from the area.
Previous clashes between security officials and protesters have been violent, with police deploying water cannons, rubber bullets and teargas at protesters. Private contractors also set dogs on the demonstrators.
The Veterans Stand group is fundraising for the protesters who continue to resist the pipeline being built by Energy Transfer Partners, and has raised close over $220,000 so far. It said the increase in “turmoil and uncertainty” at Standing Rock has inspired them to act.
More than 1,000 veterans came to Standing Rock in December. Whilst there, they apologized to Native Americans for the US government’s treatment of the country’s indigenous people. Veterans Stand doesn’t expect the same veteran presence as before, but it will provide support to the camps through its fundraising.
"The biggest misconception is that Veterans Stand wants to do anything aggressive in response,” Veterans Stand founder Michael Wood Jr told CNN. “People want to do something and they just don't know what to do. We just want to give people a platform."
“We’re not coming as fighters, but as protectors,” Jake Pogue, a Marine Corps vet, told the Guardian. “Our role in that situation would be to simply form a barrier between water protectors and the police force and try to take some of that abuse for them.”
“Finally, it’s the US military coming on to Sioux land to help, for the first time in history, instead of coming on to Sioux land to kill natives,” veteran Dan Luker said.
Read more: RT
Earth Heal Blog
- Feedback After The Equinox Event Of 20 March 2017
- Join us for the Equinox group distant healing event on Monday, 20 March 2017!
- Feedback After The New Moon Annular Solar Eclipse event of 26 February 2017
- Join us for the Ring Of Fire distant healing event on Sunday, 26 February 2017!
- Feedback After The Solstice Event On 21 December 2016
- Reality Described by Dutch Banking Whistleblower
- WOW: Jamaican Woman Supposedly Figured Out The Cure For Breast Cancer And Other Illnesses!
- Stephen Fry on Political Correctness and Clear Thinking
- The Economic Hitmen Awareness
- Truthstream News: About All Those Vaccines...
- S0 News Apr.28.2017 | Electron Radiation Storm [LIVE-Style]
- Green Roofs: Saving the Planet One Building at a Time - Part 1
- Trump Campaign Chair Arrested For Child Sex Trafficking - #NewWorldNextWeek
Headlines & Articles
- Sound Waves Enhance Deep Sleep and Memory
- First of Its Kind Study Finds Cannabis May Be a “Miracle” Treatment for Autistic Kids
- ‘Extraordinary Evidence’ Shows Humans In North America 100,000 Years Earlier Than First Thought
- Mind Hacking: Scientists Want New Laws To Stop Our Thoughts From Being Stolen
- Crop Circle at Oliver's Castle, Nr Devizes, Wiltshire - 24 April 2017
- Plastic-eating Caterpillar Could Help Solve Pollution Crisis – Study
- The Occult Archetype Called Vaccination
- Carl Sagan’s Profound Essay On Why Cannabis Consciousness is Desperately Needed in This Mad and Dangerous World
- Blairites Declare UK Labour Party Unelectable. Tony Blair Sides with Tories and Liberals against Jeremy...
- Bloodlines, Reality & The Awakening | The David Icke Dot Connector Videocast
- Jonathan Pie - Election Rubbish
- Police open fire on furious Brazilian demonstrators as they descend on president's home amid violent...
- Payday banking meltdown as Lloyds, Halifax, RBS and NatWest customers are hit by online glitch...
- Facebook Shooting Crisis Actors SAME SCRIPT As Charleston.. But Here’s The Deeper Agenda
- ANOTHER BBC GUEST REFUSES TO GO ALONG WITH THE PROPAGANDA!
- Antisemitism Harassment Campaign and The Law with Alison Chabloz
- Your thoughts are not permitted
- Trump Campaign Chair Arrested For Child Sex Trafficking – #NewWorldNextWeek
The Corbett Report
- U.S. “Military Aid” to Al Qaeda, ISIS-Daesh: Pentagon Uses Illicit Arms Trafficking to Channel Enormous...
- America’s Hype over WMD: Five Invasion Plots, Three Continents, Identical Lies
- America’s Nuclear War Doctrine, In-depth Analysis, Devastating Consequences of Nuclear War
- Chemical Weapons Attack: French “Investigation” in Syria Neither Impartial nor Independent
- Endless Atrocities: The US Role in Creating the North Korean Fortress-State
- Concerning Study Shows Glyphosate Herbicide Harms Unborn Children
- Top Cardiologists: Saturated Fat NOT the Cause of Heart Disease
- Fresh Concerns Emerge over Energy Drinks’ Damage to the Heart
- Victory: KFC Pledges to Use Antibiotic-Free Chicken by 2018
- FDA Warns 14 Companies over Questionable Health Product Claims
Health Nut News
- Breaking: Mainstream Viciously Attacks Sanjay Gupta’s Involvement in Free Health Summit, He Instantly Disappears
- Gates Foundation: Polio Could Make a Comeback Under Trump’s Budget
- Chase Walker-Steven Taken from Hospital by his Parents and Amber Alert Issued
- Make Moist Chocolate Cake from Avocado Instead of Eggs and Dairy
- Fruit Often Mistaken as a Vegetable That Triggers Endorphin Rush and Targets Pain
Conscious Life News
Green Med Info
- Bee honey and Nigella sativa are effective in reducing the viability of HepG2 cells.
- Thymoquinone has a protective role with optimum dose of 9 mg/kg in Aflatoxin B1 hepatotoxicity.
- Thymoquinone is a potent inducer of apoptosis in primary effusion lymphoma cells via release of...
- Protection against radiation-induced oxidative damage by an ethanolic extract of Nigella sativa.
- Black cumin oil decreased the proinflammatory cytokines, lactate dehydrogenase, triglyceride, and cholesterol, which were increased...
Wake Up World
- Climate Scientist Warns Against Geoengineering At TED Conference Vancouver
- What’s So Bad About “The Common Good?”
- John McAfee Just Announced The Most Private Smart Phone Ever: Here’s How It Works
- Ron Paul Interviews Julian Assange: “Going After WikiLeaks Because They Humiliated The CIA”
- President Trump Now Declares: “I’m A Nationalist … AND A Globalist”