22 April 2017
- We humans have been in existence for less than 1% of life on Earth – In the short time of our existence, we have impacted everything; every part of our small blue planet. Our home!
Dinosaurs existed for 135 million years – It is estimated that dinosaurs were the dominant terrestrial vertebrates for 135 million years, from 231.4 million years ago till around 65 million years ago.
Dinosaurs lived for a greater time on the planet than man. Scientists explain the extinction of dinosaurs with one or two hypotheses – that the extinction was due to an extraterrestrial impact, such as an asteroid or comet, or, a massive bout of volcanism.
We humans though, have been around for a comparatively short while, yet we are making ourselves extinct due to our own activities.
In our short existence, we have impacted every corner of the world with smog, with acid rain; by breaking-up habitats and causing extinctions.
10 March 2017
- Can a planet be alive? Lynn Margulis, a giant of late 20th-century biology, who had an incandescent intellect that veered toward the unorthodox, thought so. She and chemist James Lovelock together theorized that life must be a planet-altering phenomenon and the distinction between the “living” and “nonliving” parts of Earth is not as clear-cut as we think. Many members of the scientific community derided their theory, called the Gaia hypothesis, as pseudoscience, and questioned their scientific integrity. But now Margulis and Lovelock may have their revenge. Recent scientific discoveries are giving us reason to take this hypothesis more seriously. At its core is an insight about the relationship between planets and life that has changed our understanding of both, and is shaping how we look for life on other worlds.
Studying Earth’s global biosphere together, Margulis and Lovelock realized that it has some of the properties of a life form. It seems to display “homeostasis,” or self‐regulation. Many of Earth’s life‐sustaining qualities exhibit remarkable stability. The temperature range of the climate; the oxygen content of the atmosphere; the pH, chemistry, and salinity of the ocean—all these are biologically mediated. All have, for hundreds of millions of years, stayed within a range where life can thrive. Lovelock and Margulis surmised that the totality of life is interacting with its environments in ways that regulate these global qualities. They recognized that Earth is, in a sense, a living organism. Lovelock named this creature Gaia.
Life and Earth have been co-evolving in a continuing dance.
10 February 2017
- The Schumann resonances are oscillating magnetic frequencies that happen in the Earth’s electromagnetic spectrum. They are said to be generated by electromagnetic changes that happen within the earth’s core, that then affect the earth’s surface, and ionosphere, including the sentient beings living upon it. This resonance has been about the same for hundreds, if not thousands of years, but it seems to be changing. Why?
There does seem to be a shift occurring in global consciousness, evidenced by changes in the Schumann frequency. You can look at a spectrogram calendar to see the changes for yourself.
Moreover, the research suggests that when many people are in peaceful alignment, the resonance changes to reflect that. In other words, we are changing the magnetosphere of the planet with our thoughts and actions. This ‘coherence’ is likely being supported inter-galactically as well.
28 January 2017
- For decades, scientists have warned that we're on a dangerous path. It stems from our delusion that endless growth in population, consumption and the economy is possible and is the very purpose of society. But endless growth is not feasible in a finite biosphere. Growth is not an end but a means.
Humans are one species among countless others to which we are connected and on which we depend. Viewed that way, everything we do has repercussions and carries responsibilities. That we are part of a vast web is a biocentricway of seeing that we've followed for most of our existence. But in assuming the mantle of "dominant" species, we've shifted to thinking we're at the center of everything. This anthropocentric perspective leads us to imagine our needs and demands supersede those of the rest of nature.
The failure to see our interconnectedness and interdependence is most striking in the way we manage government affairs. Forestry, environment and fisheries and oceans ministers' priorities are not to protect forests, the environment or fish and oceans, but to rationalize our actions and ensure that whatever we do benefits us.
15 January 2017
- The Earth’s core, which lies nearly 3,000 kilometers below the surface, is made of two layers.
At the very center of the Earth is the inner core, which scientists say is a solid sphere made of an iron-nickel alloy. Surrounding the inner core is the outer core of which is made of molten iron and nickel that’s believed to be between 4000-5000º Celsius.
New data gathered by the European Space Agency’s three satellite Swarm network is providing scientists with an x-ray view of the Earth’s core.
This information has led to the discovery of a jet stream flowing within the molten outer core.
Like the jet stream of air currents in the atmosphere, scientists explain that this jet stream in the outer core is a moving belt of molten material circling its magnetic North Pole and is traveling at a speed of about 40 kilometers per year.
31 August 2016
- The Anthropocene Epoch has begun, according to a group of experts assembled at the International Geological Congress in Cape Town, South Africa this week.
After seven years of deliberation, members of an international working group voted unanimously on Monday to acknowledge that the Anthropocene—a geologic time interval so-dubbed by chemists Paul Crutzen and Eugene Stoermer in 2000—is real.
The epoch is thought to have begun in the 1950s, when human activity, namely rapid industrialization and nuclear activity, set global systems on a different trajectory. And there's evidence in the geographic record. Indeed, scientists say that nuclear bomb testing, industrial agriculture, human-caused global warming, and the proliferation of plastic across the globe have so profoundly altered the planet that it is time to declare the 11,700-year Holocene over.
16 July 2016
- The amount of connections we have with our environment is infinite. This may be hard to grasp because we cannot sense all the connections but when we live in unnatural environments as most modern humans do today, this disconnect manifests as illness or at the very least, accelerated aging. One of the main reasons we are disconnected is because of modern technologies whose energies interfere with that of our natural environment, the energies that come from the sun and the earth.
All life evolved with the electromagnetic frequencies from the sun and the earth. The solar frequencies that reach the earth are mostly infrared radiation, visible light and ultraviolet radiation. The earth's frequencies are generated by the interaction between the earth's crust and the ionosphere (layer above the atmosphere that interacts with solar and cosmic radiation) and by the earth's core as well. These are the Schumann resonance and the geomagnetic field, respectively. The Schumann resonance is created by the interaction of charged particles within the cavity between the surface of the earth and the ionosphere, generating hundreds of lightning strikes every second globally. The Schumann resonance has a main frequency of 7.83 Hertz (first harmonic); this frequency and its harmonics, are extremely low frequencies that resonate throughout the surface of the earth.
22 March 2016
- This is an important point to remember. This is our current and very real realm of existence on this planet. Our home. Contrary to what we’re being told, that we’re a curse on this planet, we’re supposed to be here. Many feel helpless, especially in times of confusion and spiritual distress, but they needn’t be. This is rightfully our world to peacefully dwell in, no matter what physical, spiritual or dimensional energies assail us.
This is something to take great comfort in, but it does require awareness and vigilance.
Number one, we need to be as fully awake and aware as possible. This is where true knowledge and education come in. People have usually helplessly relied on religions and belief systems for protection and the forms of so-called redemption they offer up. The giveaway as to the futility of that, unless there is a real faith involved that surpasses the dogma and hierarchy, is the disempowerment it carries for the individual. People cling in desperation to rituals from hail Marys and confessionals to repeated prayers into the unknown for their safety and security in the whirling energetics to which each of us are subjected.
23 January 2015
- What a question even to ask! But – someone, something—perhaps conspiracies—as many are encouraged by the global media to believe – truly have brought the planet and humankind out of mediaeval misery, but equally into profoundly dangerous circumstances. However, not many who, apparently, are responsible for Planet Earth, aka Mother Earth—Gaia, being trashed before our very eyes, either are fessing up or getting their respective or collective recognition, and all while continuing to profit from poisoning our dying planet.
Every day, commonplace humans who live, work, and try to make ends meet are being blamed for ruining Planet Earth. Why?
10 January 2014
4 December 2014
According to Daniel Baker, director of the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, the electron barrier exists in the Van Allen belts, a pair of donut-shaped belts that ring the Earth teeming with protons and electrons. The Earth’s magnetic field holds the belts in place, but the scientist says that the electrons in these belts – which travel at nearly the speed of light – are being blocked by some invisible force that reminded him of the kind of shields used in television series like Star Trek to stop alien energy weapons from vaporizing starships.
This newly found force field appears to be unrelated to the clouds of cold plasma that were discovered over earth in 2012, as mentioned by National Geographic.
28 November 2014
-An invisible shield, some 7,200 miles (11,600 km) above Earth, has been found blocking 'killer electrons' from bombarding our planet.
These electrons can whip around the planet at near-light speed and have been known to threaten astronauts, fry satellites and damage space systems.
If they hit Earth on a large scale, they could knock out power grids, radically change the planet's climate and drive up rates of cancer.
But while scientists know this mysterious shield exists, they are baffled as to how it formed and how exactly it works.
'Somewhat like the shields created by force fields on Star Trek that were used to repel alien weapons, we are seeing an invisible shield blocking these electrons,' said Professor Daniel Baker from the University of Colorado Boulder.
The shield was discovered in the Van Allen radiation belts - two doughnut-shaped rings above Earth that are filled with high-energy electrons and protons.
15 June 2014
- The planet's seasonal ebb and flow of ice and life is captured in mesmerizing detail by these animated GIFs, which display a year's worth of NASA satellite imagery.
These animations don't show us anything we didn't already know. Earth always grows icier in winter and greener in summer... But they're still mesmerizing. They let us see the slow, enormous pulse of our planet's seasons all at once, in just a few seconds, over and over and over.